Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Sunburst Card

I had some time today to play in my craft room, so I decided to attempt a sunburst card that my up-line Joy at Close to My Heart had a tutorial on.  Check her video out on her blog.  Here is my version.  I used the paper sampler set that came with my consultant starter kit which is now expired, for my pattern pieces.  The card base is Ponderosa Pine cardstock which I think matched the pattern paper just right.  Also used White Daisy cardstock for the mats, not sure where the bottom brown cardstock came from since it was in my paper stash.  I did not have a sentiment big enough for the front so I used a set from Stampin Up called Guy Greetings which I got from my friend Cheryl and used the CTMH Cocoa Exclusive Ink.  When you watch Joy's video you will see she used twine and made a bow but with my card since it turned out a masculine type card I found some green twine and just wrapped it around with no bow. I felt something did need to go there.  I decided maybe we can do the sunburst card as project for our community club. We will see!  Let me know what you think of my version!



No comments:

Post a Comment