Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2015

"More" Christmas In July!

Love Christmas..it is my top favorite Holiday!  I got motivated to make these cards after I had gone to a recent cardmaking class and we did Christmas Cards.  So I went through my stash of soon to be retired papers and made a few more cards.  The first one I did, using the Iris folding technique (which I am still trying to perfect) and leftover paper from the CTMH Snowhaven Cardmaking kit (which is available while supplies last).  I did find the paper too thick, so I had to use paper I bought a long time ago from a local craft store since it was thinner.   So the trick to iris folding is use thinner paper not cardstock.   I used a soon to be released stamp set for the sentiment and some leftover glitter paper for a few sparkle highlights.  The tree I used was a template I had from many many years ago,so I scanned and traced it in my Cricut Explore so I wouldn't use my last one since I believe the company I got it from no longer exists.  So let me know what you think!



The card base was made using the CTMH White Daisy cardstock(1385) and the tree is popped up on a CTMH Cranberry (1272) cardstock mat.   CTMH Exclusive Cranberry Ink (Z2116) was used for the sentiment.

The other card, I was able to made from the leftovers I had from the WOTG Snowhaven Cardmaking Kit G1085.  Used the Silver Shimmer trim and the stamp set that was included.   The kit also comes with CTMH Cranberry Cardstock (1272) which I used for the card base and CTMH White Daisy Cardstock (1385) for the mat. I used CTMH Exclusive Cranberry Ink (Z2116) for the sentiment and CTMH Exclusive Glacier Ink (Z2641) for the snowflakes and distressed the edges with CTMH Exclusive Slate Ink (Z2173).  It was very fast and simple.







I like how both if these cards turned out.  If you want to get a head start on your Christmas cards, check out the CTMH Snowhaven Kit (G1085) before its gone!  

Thanks for stopping by!  Please check my website out for these or any other items you may need!   

Keep watching for the exciting new products to come!  You will really love them!! 

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment