Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Bokeh Technique

This is my first attempt at the bokeh technique!  Bokeh is a photography term for the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light.  So first I burnished the mat with some Poppy, Cranberry and Whisper CTMH ink.  Then I took daubers and just randomly used Stampin Up Whisper White Craft ink and CTMH Cranberry ink on the mat sometimes stamping off first to get the lighter spots and then directly for the darker spots.  I think I did it right.  Not sure how else I will decorate this mat and finish the card but just wanted to get the bokeh effect down.  There are many ways to do this , I chose this method.  Others have used stencils for their effects from all sorts of shapes from circles to stars.  


Hope you try this out.  It was fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment