Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

"There's a Feeling of Christmas"

I love Christmas!  Today's card is using a paper saving technique I stumbled across either on Pinterest or YouTube.  I struggle with what I feel is wasting paper when I want to make card bases from 12x12 paper.  When you cut it down to 8.5 x 11 you only get 2 card bases and a lot of waste.  This technique is amazing.  Cut 1 inch off one side of the 12x12 paper then turn and cut at the 4 inch mark twice and wow..you get three cards.  They will be just a quarter inch off but adjust you mats down from there.  They still fit in standard A size envelopes.   I don't know about any one else but this was new to me.  Wish I had thought if it, seems so simple!

I chose our Colonial White cardstock for the card base which comes in 12 x 12 size.  Introducing our NEW Workshop On The Go White Pines Scrapbooking Kit.  I used the stamp set and paper from that kit along with our new Fern Thick Twine and Fern Exclusive Ink.  I added Sparkles for some bling.  I had to color them with my ShinHan Touch Twin Carmine Marker to add color.  Simple but elegant card.  One down, more to go...Christmas is coming sooner than you think!




Thanks for stopping by on your busy day!  Don't forget to check out my store for these and the other NEW items that arrived.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment