Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Coloring Techniques

Sorry I haven't posted in a while!  I have been practicing some ink and coloring techniques. 
The first sample is using ink with a blending pen.  Dipped the pen into ink from the lid of the ink pad and started coloring the image and reapplied the pen with more ink as needed.  I don't like the streaks.  It was to give a watercolor effect. 


The next one is using ink with the water pen.  Not as streaking but still not happy with it.


Next I used my Spectrum Noir Colored Pencils I bought a few years ago and never used.  I watched the video that came with it several times but I am not sure if I got it right yet,  I do like the pencils better than water-coloring.  The colors are not the same as the inks.  This was a close as I could get.  With this attempt, I used the paper stump and blending liquid that is one the the techniques using the pencils.  I found it gave it a smooth look and blended the colors so much that I could not tell the difference in colors.  I did find it easy to work with.



The last one is using the pencils and trying to blend them together without any blender liquid.  Just the different colored pencils.  It gives it a texture look, not smooth like above.


So I have come to a conclusion that water coloring is NOT for me!  I do like the pencils better and I will have to keep practicing on the blending technique. 

Let me know what you think!

My next new technique, at least for me, is trying Rangers sticky embossing powder to put foil on my stamp images.  I just got my order from Scrapbook.com, a local online store along with foils and some different colors of alcohol inks the name brand stores don't carry.  There was also a sale going on.  Love sales!

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment