Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Water-Based Dye Ink Markers vs Alcohol Ink Markers

Took a class at my friend's, Cheryl Goode, to learn more on using markers and alcohol inks to color our stamped images.  We practiced various ways to use our markers with the blending pen and aqua painter.  Alcohol markers starting from dark to light and light to dark method.  I have to say I don't mind using either the blending pen or aqua painter but I am not sure if markers are for me.  I did not like the lines in the flowers and lanterns.  I tried different ways to do the lines but I just could not get the hang of it.  So more practice is definitely needed with that technique.  The alcohol ink markers were a little easier and I have found for me I like doing the light to dark method.  The image below is our practice sheet:


We had a "final" exam after a few hours of practice and here are the 2 cards I made!

marker using aqua painter
alcohol marker using light to dark coloring
Sorry the pictures are not that great, I am still trying to learn using my camera in manual mode!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment