Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2015

New Cricut Collection- Artistry and Water-coloring Technique

Introducing the new CTMH Cricut Collection called Artistry Z3167!   Not to be confused with Artiste. 



Collection includes:
1 – Cartridge (700 images: Shapes, Layers, Banners, Borders, Backgrounds, and Font)
3 – My Acrylix® D-size Stamp Sets
1 – Enchantment Cardstock Combo Pack


Here is my attempt at water-coloring and using the new cartridge for the butterflies and stamp set that is included for the sentiment:


I embossed the sentiment so it would resist the water coloring.  Sparkles on the butterflies because there always need to have some bling..right!!  I have to say I really like the new cartridge Artistry and especially since it comes with paper pack instead of the chipboard shapes.  I never did use them, but maybe I should.  Never know until you try.  All the Cricut Collections are now going to come with paper combo packs.  If you still want the original collections, they are on the retired list and will be available will supplies last.  In September they will be back with the new paper addition.  We are not retiring the cartridges, just how the bundle comes, so no need to panic!  I highly recommend if you are new to Cricut, our Cricut Collections are well worth the purchase.  They all come with 3 sets of stamps that match many of the designs in the cartridge.  Additional many of our other stamp sets have matching cuts also.  If you ever noticed a red line around some of the images, that means there is a matching cut on one of the cartridges.  How cool is that!!  

Back to water-coloring..I really need to work on that more.  I used a stencil and our spray pens to try this technique.  Filled the spray pens with some water and the re-inkers for the matching colors to the butterflies.  I used Glacier, Honey and Pear.  I may have added to much water, because I would have liked the colors to be a little darker.  Will just have to keep working on this technique!

The butterfly is a 2 cut image, a front and back.  On the bigger butterfly, I used a piece of scrap paper from the Blossom Paper Pack for the front section along with Glacier Paper for the back section.  The smaller butterflies, I only cut the solid section which is the back section out of Honey and Pear.

So check out the Cricut Collections and image all the possibilities!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment